Mom arrested for knocking back beers with her toddler son
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A South Carolina mother has been arrested after she was seen giving her four year old alcohol, at a bar.
Workers at a Fort Mill bar called police after witnessing Gretchen Kinnear give her son shots of beer.
The police report says the four-year-old boy told investigators his mom gave him a drink that tasted funny, made him laugh, and made him dizzy, and that his mother also gave him the same drink at home.
It also says the mother admitted giving the child wine once or twice a week, but said it was not to get him drunk or keep him quiet.
The suspect's brother says he is shocked about the allegations, and that his sister is a good mother who loves her son.
"She's a single mom, and she loves him to death, and it's just very surprising," Doug Kinnear said. "I think she probably let him have a sip of beer, but not ever to get him drunk or anything."
Kinnear is facing charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword 9 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus 37 min ago
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos