Mom arrested for knocking back beers with her toddler son
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A South Carolina mother has been arrested after she was seen giving her four year old alcohol, at a bar.
Workers at a Fort Mill bar called police after witnessing Gretchen Kinnear give her son shots of beer.
The police report says the four-year-old boy told investigators his mom gave him a drink that tasted funny, made him laugh, and made him dizzy, and that his mother also gave him the same drink at home.
It also says the mother admitted giving the child wine once or twice a week, but said it was not to get him drunk or keep him quiet.
The suspect's brother says he is shocked about the allegations, and that his sister is a good mother who loves her son.
"She's a single mom, and she loves him to death, and it's just very surprising," Doug Kinnear said. "I think she probably let him have a sip of beer, but not ever to get him drunk or anything."
Kinnear is facing charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Teens using vapor pens to secretly smoke pot in school
- Neighbors on-edge after Squaw Valley pot bust
- Triple Fresno stabbing appears to be random act
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 59 min ago
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway
- Video: MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in... 46 min ago
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after fire
- Fresno wedding chapel vandalism suspect identified
- Clovis Rodeo officially underway 21 min ago
- Fresno Police arrest Easter morning murder suspect
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Man arrested in Fresno home invasion
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- MB2 Raceway Indoor Go Karting hiring in...
46 min ago