Mom arrested for knocking back beers with her toddler son
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A South Carolina mother has been arrested after she was seen giving her four year old alcohol, at a bar.
Workers at a Fort Mill bar called police after witnessing Gretchen Kinnear give her son shots of beer.
The police report says the four-year-old boy told investigators his mom gave him a drink that tasted funny, made him laugh, and made him dizzy, and that his mother also gave him the same drink at home.
It also says the mother admitted giving the child wine once or twice a week, but said it was not to get him drunk or keep him quiet.
The suspect's brother says he is shocked about the allegations, and that his sister is a good mother who loves her son.
"She's a single mom, and she loves him to death, and it's just very surprising," Doug Kinnear said. "I think she probably let him have a sip of beer, but not ever to get him drunk or anything."
Kinnear is facing charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low