Dance studio offering kids pole dancing classes
A Canadian dance studio is causing a stir with its latest class: pole dancing for kids.
The twisted grip dance and fitness studio in British Columbia offers various pole dancing classes for adults but now, young girls can enroll in little spinners, to learn how to do acrobatics on a pole!
The instructor says it was her adult clients who came up with the idea for children's classes and she says they're about fitness and fun, not sex.
"There is nothing provocative. There is nothing sexual about it. It's pure fitness and strength and fun. I mean kids love climbing trees. They will climb anything," dance instructor Kristy Craig said.
So far there are four children, including one boy, enrolled in the class.
It costs $70 to participate.
What do you think? Let us know on Facebook.
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 15 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates