Firefighters rescue couple trapped in tree on different days
PORTER, TX -- A home near Houston has become all too familiar to local firefighters. They've been there two days in a row to rescue someone stuck in a tree
Homeowner Morning Starr Gardner says a woman she hired to trim her tree was trapped 25 feet above ground Sunday afternoon.
Click for more from KTRK-TV in Houston
The woman tied herself to the tree for safety reasons, but she became tangled in the rope when part of the tree fell. Crews used a ladder to bring the woman down.
She was airlifted to the hospital to be treated for her injuries.
This was the second attempt to trim the tree. Gardner says the woman's husband got stuck in the same tree just yesterday.
"They climbed the tree. They were bringing branches down. They were doing all right," Gardner said. "Then I hear, 'call 911" because he had cut his hand open."
Gardner says the man lost the tips of three fingers when the chainsaw he was using slipped.
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos