Firefighters rescue couple trapped in tree on different days
PORTER, TX -- A home near Houston has become all too familiar to local firefighters. They've been there two days in a row to rescue someone stuck in a tree
Homeowner Morning Starr Gardner says a woman she hired to trim her tree was trapped 25 feet above ground Sunday afternoon.
Click for more from KTRK-TV in Houston
The woman tied herself to the tree for safety reasons, but she became tangled in the rope when part of the tree fell. Crews used a ladder to bring the woman down.
She was airlifted to the hospital to be treated for her injuries.
This was the second attempt to trim the tree. Gardner says the woman's husband got stuck in the same tree just yesterday.
"They climbed the tree. They were bringing branches down. They were doing all right," Gardner said. "Then I hear, 'call 911" because he had cut his hand open."
Gardner says the man lost the tips of three fingers when the chainsaw he was using slipped.
- Deadly shooting investigation in Southwest Fresno 36 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals