Softball-sized eyeball found on Florida beach
MIAMI (KFSN) -- A giant eyeball has washed ashore on a Florida beach - and it's the size of a softball.
A man found the eyeball Wednesday at Pompano Beach, north of Fort Lauderdale.
The orb will be analyzed at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg.
An agency spokesperson said the eyeball is most likely from a marine animal, since it was found on the beach.
Possible candidates include a giant squid, a whale or some type of large fish.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues 7 min ago
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos