Softball-sized eyeball found on Florida beach
MIAMI (KFSN) -- A giant eyeball has washed ashore on a Florida beach - and it's the size of a softball.
A man found the eyeball Wednesday at Pompano Beach, north of Fort Lauderdale.
The orb will be analyzed at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute in St. Petersburg.
An agency spokesperson said the eyeball is most likely from a marine animal, since it was found on the beach.
Possible candidates include a giant squid, a whale or some type of large fish.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 49 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case