Chimpanzees send invading raccoon flying
You've probably heard of flying squirrels before. Well here's a flying raccoon.
The animal wandered into the chimp enclosure at the Saint Louis Zoo last week. Zoo visitor Adam Brucker captured the entire episode on his cell phone.
The chimps chased the raccoon down and tossed it around, even throwing it through the air. They intercepted the animal as it tried to escape through a hole in the wall, then really gave it a beating.
But... while you don't see it on the video... the raccoon does survive this tormenting encounter with the chimps. And eventually makes his escape.
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 15 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 35 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact