Chimpanzees send invading raccoon flying
You've probably heard of flying squirrels before. Well here's a flying raccoon.
The animal wandered into the chimp enclosure at the Saint Louis Zoo last week. Zoo visitor Adam Brucker captured the entire episode on his cell phone.
The chimps chased the raccoon down and tossed it around, even throwing it through the air. They intercepted the animal as it tried to escape through a hole in the wall, then really gave it a beating.
But... while you don't see it on the video... the raccoon does survive this tormenting encounter with the chimps. And eventually makes his escape.
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange