Superintendent removes "God" from student poem
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some parents in North Carolina are outraged after officials at an elementary school forced a child to remove the word "God" in a poem honoring veterans in her family.
"He prayed to God for strength, he prayed to God for peace," said Renatta Crawley, Parent.
The six-year-old girl's mom read the poem at a packed school board meeting Wednesday night. Renatta Crawley told board members the superintendent removed those religious references before the child could read the poem at a Veteran's Day program.
------ Do you think the child's Freedom of Speech was violated? Tell us what you think on Facebook.
north carolina, bizarre
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled 10 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course 28 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos