Superintendent removes "God" from student poem
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some parents in North Carolina are outraged after officials at an elementary school forced a child to remove the word "God" in a poem honoring veterans in her family.
"He prayed to God for strength, he prayed to God for peace," said Renatta Crawley, Parent.
The six-year-old girl's mom read the poem at a packed school board meeting Wednesday night. Renatta Crawley told board members the superintendent removed those religious references before the child could read the poem at a Veteran's Day program.
------ Do you think the child's Freedom of Speech was violated? Tell us what you think on Facebook.
north carolina, bizarre
- 12 people injured in SW Fresno car crash 40 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders 24 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Valley residents seeing more black widow...
31 min ago