Secret Santa pays off layaways at Walmart store
ANTHEM, Ariz. (KFSN) -- A secret Santa decided to spread some holiday cheer by paying off layaway accounts at an Arizona Walmart.
The store manager says the secret Santa walked in ready to pay for customers' Christmas layaway bills. Santa focused in on customers trying to pay off toys, and ended up paying off layaway bills for 20 Walmart customers.
Even workers were left speechless. "It's emotional for us too I mean some of the people that I work with in layaway when they see individuals come to pick-up their layaways their crying and they tell their story how it's helping them, and it kind of gets my own associates choked up," said Joe Malinconico, Walmart manager.
The good Samaritan Santa wanted to remain anonymous.
charity, holiday, bizarre
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 48 min ago
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges