Verizon creating DVR to gather information
Watching TV in the privacy of your own home may become a thing of the past.
Verizon is creating a DVR that watches you and listens to your conversations.
The company filed a patent application that indicates the company is interested in gleaning more information about its viewers for the purpose of delivering more targeted advertisements.
So here's one example of what could come out of it: a couple who is arguing might see an ad for couples therapy on their television or their mobile phone, while a pair who is cuddling could receive an ad for a weekend getaway.
What do you think? Are they asking for too much? Would you buy one of these products? Let us know on Facebook!
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 50 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Drought may impact farmers market prices 19 min ago
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed