Dad allegedly goes to bar, leaves infant son with Pit Bull babysitter
PALM COAST, Fla. -- A Florida man is charged with child neglect after allegedly leaving his 10-month-old baby in the care of his pit bull while he went to a bar.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office says 41-year-old James Irvine of Palm Coast was arrested early Saturday.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports the child's mother called police after learning Irvine left the baby alone while he went out to drink. She was at work at the time.
A police report says he told her the "pit bull was watching the baby." The child was in his bedroom with the door shut when she came home. A deputy reported the dog was sitting outside the room.
It's not known whether Irvine has an attorney.
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 47 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 26 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 19 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes