Kindergartner suspended for bubble gun threat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 5-year Pennsylvania girl who told a friend she was going to shoot her with a pink Hello Kitty bubble gun - has been suspended.
Pennsylvania authorities say the kindergartner was suspended because she threatened to shoot herself and a classmate with a pink hello Kitty Bubble gun. The toy gun shoots out bubbles when you pull the trigger.
Authorities say the girl did not have the gun with her when she made the threat, but the incident has parents at the school worried.
Still, some say the punishment was too harsh. "It's only a bubble gun. For a five-year-old. To give them a ten day suspension -- That's horrible," said Ray Scott, Parent.
A psychologist examined the girl and said she was not a danger to others, so officials reduced the suspension from 10 days to four days.
The little girl's family says it's considering filing a lawsuit against the school.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos