Kindergartner suspended for bubble gun threat
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 5-year Pennsylvania girl who told a friend she was going to shoot her with a pink Hello Kitty bubble gun - has been suspended.
Pennsylvania authorities say the kindergartner was suspended because she threatened to shoot herself and a classmate with a pink hello Kitty Bubble gun. The toy gun shoots out bubbles when you pull the trigger.
Authorities say the girl did not have the gun with her when she made the threat, but the incident has parents at the school worried.
Still, some say the punishment was too harsh. "It's only a bubble gun. For a five-year-old. To give them a ten day suspension -- That's horrible," said Ray Scott, Parent.
A psychologist examined the girl and said she was not a danger to others, so officials reduced the suspension from 10 days to four days.
The little girl's family says it's considering filing a lawsuit against the school.
- Man caught downloading child porn at McDonald's
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
- Stand-up paddling is catching on
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos