Florida 10-year-old found wandering street naked and drunk
Neighbors found a 10-year-old Florida boy wandering around naked and authorities say the boy was also drunk.
Authorities are treating the case as possible child abuse. Two people were out walking their dog when they spotted the boy without any clothes.
Investigators say the boy's mother Nedra Byrd was also drunk and had passed out in her home across the street. When deputies arrived, they found a half-empty bottle of brandy sitting on the counter.
That's when they took the fourth grader to the hospital.
Hernando County Sheriff's Office Representative Denise Moloney said, "And they went ahead and did a blood alcohol which came out to .108, which an adult would be considered impaired driving at ."
Deputies arrested the boy's mother, but she is now out on bail.
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 30 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate 13 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos