Florida 10-year-old found wandering street naked and drunk
Neighbors found a 10-year-old Florida boy wandering around naked and authorities say the boy was also drunk.
Authorities are treating the case as possible child abuse. Two people were out walking their dog when they spotted the boy without any clothes.
Investigators say the boy's mother Nedra Byrd was also drunk and had passed out in her home across the street. When deputies arrived, they found a half-empty bottle of brandy sitting on the counter.
That's when they took the fourth grader to the hospital.
Hernando County Sheriff's Office Representative Denise Moloney said, "And they went ahead and did a blood alcohol which came out to .108, which an adult would be considered impaired driving at ."
Deputies arrested the boy's mother, but she is now out on bail.
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos