Landlord charged for whipping tenant's bare buttocks for being late on rent
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio -- An Ohio landlord is accused of whipping a tenant with a belt on his bare buttocks for falling behind on his rent.
Ron Kronenberger, 53, was charged with assault for the Jan. 22 encounter in his office, police in the village of Waynesville said. He was due in court Thursday in Warren County.
Police said the tenant, 29, was late with a $2,800 rent payment.
"If you're going to act like a child, I'm going to treat you like one," Kronenberger was quoted in the police report as telling the tenant before striking him four times with a belt. The report said the belt left "little marks."
Waynesville Police Chief Gary Copeland talked to the accuser, who reportedly told him he submitted to the whipping because "he was scared and just wanted to get it over with," according to the police report.
The Dayton Daily News reported that Kronenberger is a former chamber of commerce president who was Waynesville's "Citizen of the Year" for 2006. His home phone wasn't accepting messages Thursday.
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 29 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos