Chinese bowl bought for $3 sells for $2.2M
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- An ancient Chinese bowl sold for millions this week at a New York auction.
In 2007, it was bought at a yard sale for just $3.00. The owner had it on display at their home for years before they became curious about its origin.
Turns out it's a 1,000-year-old treasure. The 'Ding' bowl is an example of Northern Song Dynasty pottery.
A London dealer bought the bowl for $2.2 million.
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe