Chinese bowl bought for $3 sells for $2.2M
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- An ancient Chinese bowl sold for millions this week at a New York auction.
In 2007, it was bought at a yard sale for just $3.00. The owner had it on display at their home for years before they became curious about its origin.
Turns out it's a 1,000-year-old treasure. The 'Ding' bowl is an example of Northern Song Dynasty pottery.
A London dealer bought the bowl for $2.2 million.
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley 54 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition 19 min ago
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations