Facebook apologizes to NorCal mom for banning breastfeeding pics
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Facebook is apologizing after banning a Sacramento mom from its site for posting breastfeeding images.
Kristy Kemp manages a breastfeeding support group page on Facebook. She was furious when she realized the social media site pulled several of her page's breastfeeding images, then blocked her from the page.
"It's not right," Kemp said. "I'm trying to do good for mothers and I'm getting kicked off for posting pictures one of the most beautiful acts a mother can do for her kid, and it's not right."
While Facebook's policy says that breastfeeding images are allowed, images where a breast is fully exposed and the child isn't actively nursing are not.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom 54 min ago
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
59 min ago