Facebook apologizes to NorCal mom for banning breastfeeding pics
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Facebook is apologizing after banning a Sacramento mom from its site for posting breastfeeding images.
Kristy Kemp manages a breastfeeding support group page on Facebook. She was furious when she realized the social media site pulled several of her page's breastfeeding images, then blocked her from the page.
"It's not right," Kemp said. "I'm trying to do good for mothers and I'm getting kicked off for posting pictures one of the most beautiful acts a mother can do for her kid, and it's not right."
While Facebook's policy says that breastfeeding images are allowed, images where a breast is fully exposed and the child isn't actively nursing are not.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos