Facebook apologizes to NorCal mom for banning breastfeeding pics
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Facebook is apologizing after banning a Sacramento mom from its site for posting breastfeeding images.
Kristy Kemp manages a breastfeeding support group page on Facebook. She was furious when she realized the social media site pulled several of her page's breastfeeding images, then blocked her from the page.
"It's not right," Kemp said. "I'm trying to do good for mothers and I'm getting kicked off for posting pictures one of the most beautiful acts a mother can do for her kid, and it's not right."
While Facebook's policy says that breastfeeding images are allowed, images where a breast is fully exposed and the child isn't actively nursing are not.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 18 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno 40 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison