Target "Manatee Gray" plus-size dresses cause backlash
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Target is apologizing after a backlash over the color description on a dress.
Target had an ad for a kimono maxi dress. The standard sized version of the dress is available in "dark heather gray" but the same color in the plus-sized version was described as "manatee gray."
Manatees are large marine mammals that are sometimes called sea cows.
An Orange County woman tweeted about the color discrepancy and it got a lot of attention.
Target caught wind and issued an apology. They are also saying they're working to fix it.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 35 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company 19 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase