New Hampshire man loses life savings in carnival game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A New Hampshire man says he lost his life savings on one of the games, and now he claims he was ripped off.
The man says he attended the carnival with hopes of winning an XBox Kinect at a game where contestants toss balls into a tub. He says when he practiced it was easy, but when he started playing for real, the balls kept popping out!
The man says he kept trying to win back his money by going double or nothing, and spent $300 in just a few minutes. He then went home to get $2,300 more, and ended up losing it all.
"Because you get caught up in the whole double or nothing - I've got to win my money back," said Henry Gribbohm.
All he ended up winning was a stuffed banana with dreadlocks. The man went back the next day to complain, and the man running the game gave him back $600.
Police say they're investigating to determine if there was any fraud in the game, and the man says he's considering a lawsuit.
new hampshire, bizarre
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos