New Hampshire man loses life savings in carnival game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A New Hampshire man says he lost his life savings on one of the games, and now he claims he was ripped off.
The man says he attended the carnival with hopes of winning an XBox Kinect at a game where contestants toss balls into a tub. He says when he practiced it was easy, but when he started playing for real, the balls kept popping out!
The man says he kept trying to win back his money by going double or nothing, and spent $300 in just a few minutes. He then went home to get $2,300 more, and ended up losing it all.
"Because you get caught up in the whole double or nothing - I've got to win my money back," said Henry Gribbohm.
All he ended up winning was a stuffed banana with dreadlocks. The man went back the next day to complain, and the man running the game gave him back $600.
Police say they're investigating to determine if there was any fraud in the game, and the man says he's considering a lawsuit.
new hampshire, bizarre
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos