Fresno Firefighters revive kitten
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fire forced three family members from their Fresno home Saturday, but firefighters managed to save their pet from the burning apartment.
Crews rushed to a complex near Shaw and Marks around 5:30 Saturday evening.
They said the flames started after someone left food unattended on the stove. The family made it out safely, but a kitten was still trapped inside.
Firefighters went in and found the little feline. It wasn't breathing, so they used an oxygen mask to resuscitate the animal. The SPCA examined the kitten before returning it to the family.
The fire caused about $20,000 in damage.
animal, fresno, fresno county, bizarre
- Officer-involved shooting in Northeast Fresno 18 min ago
- Man shot in the upper torso in Parlier 9 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 36 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Large fire guts warehouse in Fresno County
36 min ago