Fresno Firefighters revive kitten
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A fire forced three family members from their Fresno home Saturday, but firefighters managed to save their pet from the burning apartment.
Crews rushed to a complex near Shaw and Marks around 5:30 Saturday evening.
They said the flames started after someone left food unattended on the stove. The family made it out safely, but a kitten was still trapped inside.
Firefighters went in and found the little feline. It wasn't breathing, so they used an oxygen mask to resuscitate the animal. The SPCA examined the kitten before returning it to the family.
The fire caused about $20,000 in damage.
animal, fresno, fresno county, bizarre
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast 7 min ago
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks 7 min ago
- Fresno woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Tulare County-based drug smuggling ring busted
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Photos: Blood Moon seen across Valley skies
- Man rushes past security at Fresno airport