Baby monitor hacked, hacker calls 2-year-old girl a 'little slut'
HOUSTON (KFSN) -- It was a terrifying experience for the parents of two young children after their baby monitor was hacked. What the hacker did next is even more disturbing.
The story has a creepy factor. The father in northwest Harris County says he and his wife heard a detached voiced saying sexual things to their two-year-old daughter and it was coming from her room.
For two years, Marc Gilbert and his wife have come to rely on their Internet cameras.
"We almost couldn't live without it," he said.
With them, they could watch their two toddlers in their rooms. But over the weekend, someone else was watching, too.
"It felt like somebody broke into our house," Gilbert said.
Gilbert says he first heard a voice from down the hall. As he and his wife got closer, what it was saying got worse.
"He said, 'Wake up you little slut,'" Gilbert said.
And soon he knew it was coming from the camera.
"I see the camera move on us," Gilbert said.
Gilbert immediately pulled the plug and started doing research. He believes someone hacked his router as well as the camera. The person could see Allyson's name on the bedroom wall to call her by it.
He now wants to warn parents about the danger.
"As a father, I'm supposed to protect her against people like this. So it's a little embarrassing to say the least but it's not going to happen again," Gilbert said.
The only saving grace is that Allyson never heard a thing.
"Allyson was born deaf, so she has cochlear implants. Thankfully we had them off and she didn't hear any of it and she slept right through it," Gilbert said.
A computer expert suggests following all security recommendations for these types of cameras, as well as securing your home networks as much as possible.
This story is from KTRK-TV, our sister station in Houston, Texas.
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 33 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos