Texas man accused of breaking into church to pray
HOUSTON -- Detectives have arrested a man who allegedly broke into a Montgomery County church because he wanted to pray.
Juan Ramon Maldonado, 19, is charged with criminal trespass.
Detectives say a around 3pm Tuesday, a woman inside the church heard someone trying to break open the locked front doors. When the woman confronted Maldonado, he simply told her he "came to pray." The woman then left the church with her three children and called authorities.
When deputies arrived, they found Maldonado sitting at a piano. He then told deputies he "came to pray" and pulled on the church doors forcibly to enter the building.
He was then arrested and taken to the Montgomery County Jail.
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard 8 min ago
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Central Valley low elevation snow in the...
14 min ago