Texas man accused of breaking into church to pray
HOUSTON -- Detectives have arrested a man who allegedly broke into a Montgomery County church because he wanted to pray.
Juan Ramon Maldonado, 19, is charged with criminal trespass.
Detectives say a around 3pm Tuesday, a woman inside the church heard someone trying to break open the locked front doors. When the woman confronted Maldonado, he simply told her he "came to pray." The woman then left the church with her three children and called authorities.
When deputies arrived, they found Maldonado sitting at a piano. He then told deputies he "came to pray" and pulled on the church doors forcibly to enter the building.
He was then arrested and taken to the Montgomery County Jail.
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 5 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 21 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls