Blue Man dies of a heart attack in Washington state
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The man whose extremely rare skin condition gained worldwide attention and led him to move to the Valley a few years ago, has died.
You may remember Paul Karason as "The Blue Man." He died Monday of a heart attack at a hospital in Washington state.
ABC30 first told you about Karason back in 2007, when he moved to Madera.
Karason became an internet sensation after appearing on Action News to discuss a condition that permanently turned his skin blue.
He started turning blue after he began drinking "colloidal silver" a product consisting of silver particles suspended in liquid.
His bizarre condition got him an interview on the Oprah Winfrey show and other national media outlets.
It's unclear if the skin condition had anything to do with Karason's death.
Paul Karason was 62-years-old.
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers 58 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos