Cocaine-o'-lanterns? Cocaine filled pumpkins seized at an airport
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Canada's border services agency say it has stumbled upon a different kind of Halloween surprise in some pumpkins this year.
Authorities believe three pumpkins found in a woman's luggage at the Trudeau International Airport in Montreal airport on Thursday were stuffed with approximately 2 kilograms (4.4 pounds) of cocaine.
Scanning equipment had detected masses inside the pumpkins. Those masses turned out to be bags filled with the chalky substance.
A border agency spokeswoman was not able to say where the passenger was coming from or whether she was a Canadian citizen.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have taken over the investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
drug bust, crimetracker, bizarre
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos