Beer theft suspects descend 10 hotel stories to avoid Orange County cops
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Santa Ana police have arrested two men suspected of stealing beer after catching them climb 10 stories down the side of a hotel to evade officers.
Cpl. Anthony Bertagna said officers tracked 22-year-old Gabriel Anthony Sauceda and 20-year-old Chad Alexander Walker to a room at the Embassy Suites hotel Saturday night in connection with the theft from a nearby convenience store.
Bertagna said that before officers could get to the pair, the men descended from balcony to balcony along the side of the hotel. Officers arrested Walker when he reached the ground, but Sauceda fell and broke one of his legs.
Bertanga told the Orange County Register that escaping capture down the side of a hotel was "not the brightest thing to do."
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos