Family blaming Woodlands oil and gas company for flammable water in faucets
HOUSTON -- A Louisiana family is blaming a company based in The Woodlands for an unusual and dangerous situation. Now that company is taking action.
The family has a private well that services two homes on their property. They say everything was going fine until Woodlands-based oil and gas company Anadarko Petroleum Corporation started drilling close their homes.
The family believes methane gas is seeping into their water well. The daughter put a lighter to the water and it blew up. The family grew concerned with the nearby drilling.
"Especially in the morning, you come in and turn the water on and there is so much air pressure in the lines that is just blows water everywhere, you're soaked," said Sarah Evans, who's family is experiencing the problem.
A hydrologist says the area is rich in natural gas so the water problem could be natual, but the company Anadarko says it will do testing to see whether there is a leak. They also delivered cases of water to families near Dixie, Louisiana.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
texas, bizarre, christine dobbyn
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals