Texas lawman arrested in prostitution sting arranged by his agency
HOUSTON -- A Harris County deputy constable is facing charges after being caught up in his own department's prostitution sting.
Emmanuel Augustine, 29, is charged with prostitution. According to investigators, the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office was working the sting in an area near Imperial Valley and FM 1960 when Augustine, who works at Precinct 4, solicited the undercover deputy for sex. We're told he wasn't on duty at the time but he was wearing his uniform pants.
Augustine has worked for Precinct 4 as a patrol deputy since 2009. In response to his arrest, the agency issued the following statement:
"Following his identification, the administration was notified and responded to the arrest location. Emmanuel Augustine was placed on immediate administrative suspension without pay pending an investigation into the incident."
In probable cause court Wednesday evening, Augustine was kept separate from the other inmates. The judge released him on his own recognizance. He gets to go home, but his job in is question.
If convicted of the class B misdemeanor, Augustine faces a fine of up to $2,000 and/or jail time of not more than 180 days.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact