Houston furniture store loses Super Bowl bet, will give $7M in refunds to customers
HOUSTON -- Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale is out $7 million this morning after losing a Super Bowl bet with his customers.
The Houston furniture magnate said that if the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl, he would give a full refund to anyone who spent $6,000 or more in the previous two weeks and had their furniture delivered by 5pm Sunday.
Seattle defeated the Denver Broncos 43-8.
Gallery Furniture announced on its website after the loss that Mattress Mack would be giving $7 million in refunds.
Mattress Mack is known for his wild promotions. Last month, he's reported to have lost more than $600,000 over store deals made during the AFC and NFC championship games.
We'll have more details on Eyewitness News at 11am.
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 32 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings