Midas Settles Bait-and-Switch Claims, Owner to Repay $1.8 Million
Fresno, California (KFSN) -- The owner of several Midas auto repair shops in the Valley must pay the state nearly two-million dollars for overcharging customers.
Maurice Glad owns twenty-two shops including three in Fresno, one in Clovis and one in Merced.
The State Attorney General said Glad ran a bait-and-switch business for years. He routinely drew in customers by offering cheap deals, and then ended up charging them for unnecessary repairs.
In addition to the one-point-eight million dollar settlement, Glad cannot own or operate an auto repair business in the state of California again.
Midas International Corporation has agreed to honor all guarantees or warranties previously given to customers.
fresno, clovis, merced, court, local business, business
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- Bob Wills home threatened by development 17 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico 54 min ago
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
52 min ago
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
45 min ago
- Historic home of country music legend Bob...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos