Midas Settles Bait-and-Switch Claims, Owner to Repay $1.8 Million
Fresno, California (KFSN) -- The owner of several Midas auto repair shops in the Valley must pay the state nearly two-million dollars for overcharging customers.
Maurice Glad owns twenty-two shops including three in Fresno, one in Clovis and one in Merced.
The State Attorney General said Glad ran a bait-and-switch business for years. He routinely drew in customers by offering cheap deals, and then ended up charging them for unnecessary repairs.
In addition to the one-point-eight million dollar settlement, Glad cannot own or operate an auto repair business in the state of California again.
Midas International Corporation has agreed to honor all guarantees or warranties previously given to customers.
fresno, clovis, merced, court, local business, business
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 26 min ago
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty 25 min ago
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 25 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique