Sierra Summit Sold, Name Changing to China Peak
Fresno, California (KFSN) -- A deal has been reached that will give Sierra Summit Ski Resort a new owner ... and an old name.
According to a purchase agreement -- the resort is being sold To Tim Cohee. He's been the Senior Executive of Kirkwood Mountain Resort near Lake Tahoe for the last seventeen years.
With the sale, Sierra Summit will revert back to its former name, China Peak. It was founded in 1959, under the name China Peak.
The resort was bought in 1981, by Snow Summit, Incorporated, the company that changed the name to Sierra Summit.
The deal is expected to be finalized on April 30th.
sierra summit, business
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
45 min ago