Sierra Summit Sold, Name Changing to China Peak
Fresno, California (KFSN) -- A deal has been reached that will give Sierra Summit Ski Resort a new owner ... and an old name.
According to a purchase agreement -- the resort is being sold To Tim Cohee. He's been the Senior Executive of Kirkwood Mountain Resort near Lake Tahoe for the last seventeen years.
With the sale, Sierra Summit will revert back to its former name, China Peak. It was founded in 1959, under the name China Peak.
The resort was bought in 1981, by Snow Summit, Incorporated, the company that changed the name to Sierra Summit.
The deal is expected to be finalized on April 30th.
sierra summit, business
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case