Sierra Summit Sold, Name Changing to China Peak
Fresno, California (KFSN) -- A deal has been reached that will give Sierra Summit Ski Resort a new owner ... and an old name.
According to a purchase agreement -- the resort is being sold To Tim Cohee. He's been the Senior Executive of Kirkwood Mountain Resort near Lake Tahoe for the last seventeen years.
With the sale, Sierra Summit will revert back to its former name, China Peak. It was founded in 1959, under the name China Peak.
The resort was bought in 1981, by Snow Summit, Incorporated, the company that changed the name to Sierra Summit.
The deal is expected to be finalized on April 30th.
sierra summit, business
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe