Ag drum manufacturing company opens in Merced
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- "California Fiber Drums" is now up and running in a building off North Highway 59 near Cooper Avenue. The company makes large drums which are used to store tomatoes and other agricultural products.
City officials welcomed the addition to the community because it's filling up a 70,000 square-foot warehouse which was sitting empty.
"I think the most positive aspect is that 55 people get to go back to work. And that's tremendous for us," said Merced City Manager John Bramble.
City leaders say they successfully recruited the company in part by making the permit and inspection process as fast and easy as possible. They're hoping the same approach will encourage more businesses to come to Merced.
merced, agriculture, business
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety