Ag drum manufacturing company opens in Merced
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- "California Fiber Drums" is now up and running in a building off North Highway 59 near Cooper Avenue. The company makes large drums which are used to store tomatoes and other agricultural products.
City officials welcomed the addition to the community because it's filling up a 70,000 square-foot warehouse which was sitting empty.
"I think the most positive aspect is that 55 people get to go back to work. And that's tremendous for us," said Merced City Manager John Bramble.
City leaders say they successfully recruited the company in part by making the permit and inspection process as fast and easy as possible. They're hoping the same approach will encourage more businesses to come to Merced.
merced, agriculture, business
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 1 min ago
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say 52 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings