After-Christmas shopping in full swing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The holiday shopping season is still in full swing as shoppers returned to stores in search of big discounts.
The Best Buy at Fresno's River Park had a steady crowd of shoppers Sunday. Including some who walked away with big ticket items, like TV's.
iPods and e-readers were also popular picks among the after Christmas shoppers.
Managers said it appears people have more money to spend this year compared to last, but they're guarding it carefully and doing a lot of research online before coming into the store.
Many people said they hoped shopping after Christmas would give them the most bang for their gift card dollars.
"Get extra deals. We know there's extra discounts today so we wanted to take maximum advantage of our discounts as we could," Greg Spurgeon said.
Nationwide, the holiday shopping season is shaping up to be the best since 2007.
This year, sales are expected to reach more than $451-billion.
christmas, fresno, fresno county, business
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 37 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested 34 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up