GM expands recall of some 2011 trucks and SUVs
NEW YORK -- General Motors is expanding an earlier recall of some 2011 model-year trucks and SUVs to fix a problem that could cause the vehicles' rear axles to lock.
The recall, originally announced in December, now covers 26,751 Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC trucks and SUVs. The models affected are: Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Cadillac EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Colorado, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe; and GMC Canyon, Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL.
GM said rear-axle cross pins, used to hold the axle in place, weren't properly heat-treated and may not be durable. They can fracture, interfere with the axle and cause it to lock. The driver could then lose control of the vehicle.
One customer has reported a loss of power to the axle, GM says. But no crashes have been reported.
general motors, business
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 42 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 21 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 37 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos