Friant Ranch Project approved
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Board of Supervisors just approved a plan to bring a major development to the Friant area.
Supervisors approved the Friant Ranch development by a 3-to-1 vote. Supervisor Susan Anderson was the lone dissenting vote.
Supervisor Judy Case was not present for the vote. The proposed 900 hundred acre development would be adjacent to Lost Lake Park.
Not everyone wants to see homes and stores in the area. Dozens of opponents urged supervisors to block the approval of the plan.
Of major concern a proposed sewage treatment plant, which could drain into the San Joaquin River.
fresno county, fresno, friant, business
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno 23 min ago
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
26 min ago