Friant Ranch Project approved
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Board of Supervisors just approved a plan to bring a major development to the Friant area.
Supervisors approved the Friant Ranch development by a 3-to-1 vote. Supervisor Susan Anderson was the lone dissenting vote.
Supervisor Judy Case was not present for the vote. The proposed 900 hundred acre development would be adjacent to Lost Lake Park.
Not everyone wants to see homes and stores in the area. Dozens of opponents urged supervisors to block the approval of the plan.
Of major concern a proposed sewage treatment plant, which could drain into the San Joaquin River.
fresno county, fresno, friant, business
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos