Getting to "Get Motivated" proved challenging
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- 16,000 people are at Fresno's Save Mart Center getting motivated by celebrity speakers, including Rudy Giuliani and Colin Powell. But just getting there, proved to be a major challenge.
The event started at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning and created heavy traffic along Shaw Avenue and Highway 168. Students and staff at the adjacent Fresno State Campus were also affected by the delays.
Hundreds of eager attendees waited in line even before the doors opened to the public just before seven.
"We actually left a little early to beat the traffic, and it was a good plan. Parking was perfect I'm surprised they didn't charge for parking, to be honest with you," said Javier Zamora of Fresno.
The event's website promises live lectures from celebrity speakers on topics including team work, leadership, and business communication.
Organizers announced today, former 49'er Joe Montana is not able to attend due to circumstances beyond their control. Former 49're Ronnie Lott will take his place.
Pre-sale tickets were as low as $1.95. But attendees will hear sales pitches for investment programs and training material.
Get motivated started at 8am and goes until 4:45 p.m. They are expecting an overflow crowd so the event will be broadcast by satellite to the Convention Center downtown. Those tickets are still $1.95.
The highways and roads near the Save Mart Center were backed up for most of the morning commute because of the event.
save mart center, fresno, fresno county, business
- 4.4 earthquake shakes Los Angeles area 6 min ago
- Crimea declares independence, seizes property 1 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids 11 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos