International flights return to FYI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- International flights will resume at Fresno's airport Monday night when the first Aeromexico flight arrives.
A celebration is planned for Monday night, when the first flight from Guadalajara arrives at Fresno Yosemite International (FYI). Monday's arrival fills a hole left by Mexicana's sudden departure last August.
The new international flights at FYI will be:
- Aeromexico starting Monday, arriving from Guadalajara at 9:35 p.m. with an 11:05 p.m. departure to Guadalajara.
- Volairs, starting April 14th will arrive from Guadalajara at 11:05 pm with a 1:00 am departure to Guadalajara.
Both airlines will operate daily, non-stop flights.
Sunday night, the Aeromexico logo could already be seen at the airport's ticket counters. We checked the price of a round-trip flight, which start as low as $328-dollars before taxes. But if you want to fly out tonight, as part of the inaugural departure, it will cost you at least $570 one-way.
Aeromexico is Mexico's largest transcontinental airline, with its main hub is out of Mexico City. The company operates over 500 daily flights to different cities in Mexico and around the world.
Aeromexico will use 124-seat Boeing 737 for its Fresno-Guadalajara flights. Fresno has been without any nonstop international service since Mexicana airlines went bankrupt last summer after a major labor dispute, grounding its once-daily flight from Fresno to Guadalajara.
Aeromexico's inaugural flight Monday night will be greeted with mariachi music and a twilight aircraft water splash provided by airport fire truck cannons.
fresno east central, fresno-yosemite international airport, business, christine park
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 7 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 53 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
6 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
7 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
14 min ago
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos