International flights return to FYI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- International flights will resume at Fresno's airport Monday night when the first Aeromexico flight arrives.
A celebration is planned for Monday night, when the first flight from Guadalajara arrives at Fresno Yosemite International (FYI). Monday's arrival fills a hole left by Mexicana's sudden departure last August.
The new international flights at FYI will be:
- Aeromexico starting Monday, arriving from Guadalajara at 9:35 p.m. with an 11:05 p.m. departure to Guadalajara.
- Volairs, starting April 14th will arrive from Guadalajara at 11:05 pm with a 1:00 am departure to Guadalajara.
Both airlines will operate daily, non-stop flights.
Sunday night, the Aeromexico logo could already be seen at the airport's ticket counters. We checked the price of a round-trip flight, which start as low as $328-dollars before taxes. But if you want to fly out tonight, as part of the inaugural departure, it will cost you at least $570 one-way.
Aeromexico is Mexico's largest transcontinental airline, with its main hub is out of Mexico City. The company operates over 500 daily flights to different cities in Mexico and around the world.
Aeromexico will use 124-seat Boeing 737 for its Fresno-Guadalajara flights. Fresno has been without any nonstop international service since Mexicana airlines went bankrupt last summer after a major labor dispute, grounding its once-daily flight from Fresno to Guadalajara.
Aeromexico's inaugural flight Monday night will be greeted with mariachi music and a twilight aircraft water splash provided by airport fire truck cannons.
fresno east central, fresno-yosemite international airport, business, christine park
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 37 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 40 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 35 min ago