International flights return to FYI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- International flights will resume at Fresno's airport Monday night when the first Aeromexico flight arrives.
A celebration is planned for Monday night, when the first flight from Guadalajara arrives at Fresno Yosemite International (FYI). Monday's arrival fills a hole left by Mexicana's sudden departure last August.
The new international flights at FYI will be:
- Aeromexico starting Monday, arriving from Guadalajara at 9:35 p.m. with an 11:05 p.m. departure to Guadalajara.
- Volairs, starting April 14th will arrive from Guadalajara at 11:05 pm with a 1:00 am departure to Guadalajara.
Both airlines will operate daily, non-stop flights.
Sunday night, the Aeromexico logo could already be seen at the airport's ticket counters. We checked the price of a round-trip flight, which start as low as $328-dollars before taxes. But if you want to fly out tonight, as part of the inaugural departure, it will cost you at least $570 one-way.
Aeromexico is Mexico's largest transcontinental airline, with its main hub is out of Mexico City. The company operates over 500 daily flights to different cities in Mexico and around the world.
Aeromexico will use 124-seat Boeing 737 for its Fresno-Guadalajara flights. Fresno has been without any nonstop international service since Mexicana airlines went bankrupt last summer after a major labor dispute, grounding its once-daily flight from Fresno to Guadalajara.
Aeromexico's inaugural flight Monday night will be greeted with mariachi music and a twilight aircraft water splash provided by airport fire truck cannons.
fresno east central, fresno-yosemite international airport, business, christine park
- Fresno State's new president has been selected
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison