Fresno's Twist Restaurant and Lounge closes
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Twist, a popular restaurant and nightclub at Palm and Nees in Northwest Fresno, closed its doors Tuesday because of ongoing obstacles with their licensing and permits.
The state's Alcoholic Beverage Control agency filed a complaint against the restaurant last week, accusing the business of violating its conditional liquor permit for not selling at least a 50% food-to-alcohol ratio. This comes after the owners have had to comply with other permits from the city.
"We've had the dancing issues, you're not allowed to dance, and then we fixed that. We had, you can't be open past 12, then we fixed that," said Thomasito Del Castillo. "And now it's well you sell more alcohol than you do food. Trying to fix that, you know it's just too long."
The owner says running the club has become such a hassle that he's chosen to shut it down rather than face a possible suspension of his liquor license.
The owner says 40 people have lost their jobs.
fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, business
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos