United States Postal Service facing extinction
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The United States Postal Service warns that it may soon be in default.
According to the New York Times, the agency is struggling to pay its bills and might not be able to make a $5.5 billion payment due this month.
The postal service is calling on Congress to step in and help straighten out its finances.
Without help, the agency says they may be forced to shut down this winter.
KABC-TV LOS ANGELES, CA contributed to this report.
business, tommy tran
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 48 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 2 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 41 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes