United States Postal Service facing extinction
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The United States Postal Service warns that it may soon be in default.
According to the New York Times, the agency is struggling to pay its bills and might not be able to make a $5.5 billion payment due this month.
The postal service is calling on Congress to step in and help straighten out its finances.
Without help, the agency says they may be forced to shut down this winter.
KABC-TV LOS ANGELES, CA contributed to this report.
business, tommy tran
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- 68th Annual Candy Cane Lane Parade
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos