Termites force closure of 19 Fig Garden Village stores
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A bright tent at the Fig Garden Village is raising a few eyebrows. The tent was put up on Sunday after some termites were found in some stores.
The pest control company says they are now fumigating the area to kill the insects. Daniel Jackson with Terminix pest control says the chemicals being used are not harmful to people. On Sunday crews put up the tent. The entire process is expected to take three days. Jackson says termites are a common problem in our area.
Shoppers told Action News they were confused by the structure. Alice Lynch said, "I was shocked, I haven't been here in a while and I saw the tent. It's a little bit unusual for the Fig Garden area." Others thought the yellow and blue tent was reminiscent of the circus.
Nineteen stores are temporarily out of commission but are expected to reopen Tuesday at 10 a.m.
fresno, fresno county, fresno fig garden, fresno northwest, business, mariana jacob
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 29 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos