Termites force closure of 19 Fig Garden Village stores
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A bright tent at the Fig Garden Village is raising a few eyebrows. The tent was put up on Sunday after some termites were found in some stores.
The pest control company says they are now fumigating the area to kill the insects. Daniel Jackson with Terminix pest control says the chemicals being used are not harmful to people. On Sunday crews put up the tent. The entire process is expected to take three days. Jackson says termites are a common problem in our area.
Shoppers told Action News they were confused by the structure. Alice Lynch said, "I was shocked, I haven't been here in a while and I saw the tent. It's a little bit unusual for the Fig Garden area." Others thought the yellow and blue tent was reminiscent of the circus.
Nineteen stores are temporarily out of commission but are expected to reopen Tuesday at 10 a.m.
fresno, fresno county, fresno fig garden, fresno northwest, business, mariana jacob
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos