Lowe's to close in Los Banos
LOS BANOS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A major retailer is shutting it's doors soon, another victim of the struggling economy.
The Lowe's home improvement store located on Freeway 152 near I Street in Los Banos will be closing in a few weeks. Lowes announced that it will close 20 of its under-performing stores across the country -- laying off almost two-thousand people.
The closure of the Los Banos location will leave 100 people without jobs. Workers there were notified Sunday night about the company's decision.
Many of the employees who helped build-up the store five years ago were upset with the move. "I put my heart and soul into the company until I can get everything. I thought thy were going to give us a chance and say let's just take away commission or anything like that -- but it didn't work out that way," said Lowes employee Richard Limon.
The last day of work will be November 13th. Employees will receive pay and benefits for 60 days after each store closes. The City of Los Banos says they will work with local businesses to find employment for those laid off.
lowe's, los banos, merced county, business, carlos saucedo
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno 18 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 4 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos