Perko's in Dinuba to reopen at the end of November
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A popular South Valley restaurant will soon reopen following a devastating fire.
Nearly a year ago, an accidental fire destroyed the Perko's in Dinuba at Nebraska and Alta streets.
Wednesday, Construction crews worked on the restaurant's brand new building.
The owner of Perko's tells Action News he promised to rebuild the restaurant and hopes it will reopen by the end of November.
Perko's will hire back 15 of its former employees and possibly as many as 20 additional workers.
The owner says the inside of the restaurant is fairly similar to the previous building, but the outside has a much different look.
The restaurant has been a staple in Dinuba for more than thirty years.
fire, dinuba, tulare county, business
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos