Two new places to eat in Fresno's Tower District
FRESNO (KFSN) -- The Tower Cafe and Blimpies sandwich and restaurant opens in Fresno's Tower District.
The Tower Cafe just opened up on Olive Avenue. The restaurant is in the space formerly occupied by Tower Dogs.
The new owner said he has been in the restaurant business for years and is responding to local feedback from people who said they would like to see home-made barbecue in the Tower. He said The Tower Cafe will be offering menu items like burgers, tri-tip, pulled pork and homemade Philly cheese steak.
"Kind of a new niche for Tower. Home food for real people, you know what I mean -- nothing processed. Nothing ever frozen. So, we're kinda just doing home food," said Tower Cafe owner Connor Milligan.
The Tower Cafe is open seven days a week. It's open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday. And on Thursday, Friday and Saturday they plan to stay open until 3 a.m. for the late-night crowd.
A new sandwich shop is also opening in the Tower District.
The new Blimpies is located across the street from the Tower Theatre. The Blimpie sandwich and restaurant chain has been in business since 1964. The new Fresno location features a smoothie island.
fresno, fresno county, fresno tower district, business
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos