Aeromexico Airlines cuts weekday Fresno to Mexico flights
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- If you have plans to fly on Aeromexico Airlines in the near future, you may want to check your itinerary.
The airline has cut out all of its weekday flights from Fresno to Mexico, flying only on Saturday and Sunday until further notice.
At least one local travel agent believes the cutback is only temporary, and the international flights out of FYI are here to stay.
Last spring Aeromexico announced in grand style its plans to fly daily non-stop flights to Mexico out of Yosemite International Airport. At nearly the same time, Volaris Airlines also began regular international flights out of Fresno.
In the first months of operation the two airlines served a total of 13-thousand passengers. But that was then, this is now, passengers planning to fly Aeromexico in the next few months may get an email informing them the airline has made changes to their travel plans.
Action News tried to reach Aeromexico for more information but they didn't respond to our inquiries.
Lupita Padilla, owner of de Alba Travel in Downtown Fresno says Aeromexico's weekday cutbacks are probably just seasonal.
Padilla said, "Christmas is over, the season is over, so there's a lot of people that don't travel, they know for a fact there's a lot of people who don't travel during this time."
Padilla says Aeromexico is pretty accommodating if they have to make changes.
"Ask them for options, maybe other airlines with booking agreements, inter airline agreements, maybe they can protect you," said Padilla. "Worst case scenario is asking for a refund."
Volaris Airlines still has weekday flights from Fresno to Guadalajara. As for Aeromexico, Padilla says the travel demand to Mexico is too strong for the airline to cut back anymore.
fresno-yosemite international airport, aeromexico airlines, fresno, fresno county, mexico, business, liz harrison
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety