Pelco to layoff 170 employees in March
CLOVIS, California (KFSN) -- Pelco by Schneider Electric has indicated it could layoff as many as 170 employees soon.
The Clovis manufacture recently sent the city of Clovis a letter, letting officials know they planned a workforce reduction. According to the Clovis city manager, the layoffs could impact anywhere from four to 172 employees.
"Clovis is struggling to find jobs," said Clovis city manager, Robert Woolley. "This is a very critical matter for us."
Our attempts to reach Pelco by Schneider Electric were unsuccessful. But the letter said the layoffs would go into effect on March 13th.
According to city officials, this would be the company's third round of layoffs. About 150 people lost manufacturing positions last year.
schneider electric, clovis, fresno county, employment, economy, business, mariana jacob
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms