Pelco to layoff 170 employees in March
CLOVIS, California (KFSN) -- Pelco by Schneider Electric has indicated it could layoff as many as 170 employees soon.
The Clovis manufacture recently sent the city of Clovis a letter, letting officials know they planned a workforce reduction. According to the Clovis city manager, the layoffs could impact anywhere from four to 172 employees.
"Clovis is struggling to find jobs," said Clovis city manager, Robert Woolley. "This is a very critical matter for us."
Our attempts to reach Pelco by Schneider Electric were unsuccessful. But the letter said the layoffs would go into effect on March 13th.
According to city officials, this would be the company's third round of layoffs. About 150 people lost manufacturing positions last year.
schneider electric, clovis, fresno county, employment, economy, business, mariana jacob
- Industrial accident injures multiple people in Merced County 28 min ago
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos