Green training facility opens in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif (KFSN) -- A new state of the art "green" training facility opened in the South Valley on Wednesday.
The ribbon cutting ceremony for Sequoia Energy Services was held on Douglas Avenue near Burke in Visalia. The facility is dedicated to creating green energy jobs and developing highly skilled workers.
The facility has partnered with the CSET Youth Corps to introduce young people to the industry.
"I am so excited to reach this point. The conceptual idea was created in a few people's mind a few years ago. A lot of hard work has gone into getting to this point," said Steve Earl with Sequoia Energy Services, "We're getting such a good reception from the community about the services that we offer."
The center will provide vocational training for job seekers who want to learn how to make buildings more energy efficient.
environment, visalia, tulare county, business
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation 28 min ago
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole