Jimmy John's opens in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new Jimmy John's has opened its doors in Visalia.
Jimmy John's sandwich shop is located at Main Street near Floral.
The eatery was packed with hungry customers this afternoon waiting to eat one of Jimmy John's signature sandwiches.
The chain is popular in the Midwest.
Owners said they wanted to bring some "sandwich excitement" to Downtown Visalia.
This is Jimmy John's second location in California. The other is in Clovis.
"Jimmy John's is out of Illinois and it's just huge in the Midwest and east coat, and we're finally bringing it out to California where we rock out freaky fast sandwiches," Felicia Lisman, owner of Jimmy John's in Visalia, said.
Jimmy John's hired 30 local people for its Visalia location and is still looking for 15 more employees to help provide delivery services.
visalia, tulare county, business
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam