Jimmy John's opens in Visalia
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new Jimmy John's has opened its doors in Visalia.
Jimmy John's sandwich shop is located at Main Street near Floral.
The eatery was packed with hungry customers this afternoon waiting to eat one of Jimmy John's signature sandwiches.
The chain is popular in the Midwest.
Owners said they wanted to bring some "sandwich excitement" to Downtown Visalia.
This is Jimmy John's second location in California. The other is in Clovis.
"Jimmy John's is out of Illinois and it's just huge in the Midwest and east coat, and we're finally bringing it out to California where we rock out freaky fast sandwiches," Felicia Lisman, owner of Jimmy John's in Visalia, said.
Jimmy John's hired 30 local people for its Visalia location and is still looking for 15 more employees to help provide delivery services.
visalia, tulare county, business
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove 15 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman