Allegiant Air offers flights from Fresno to Hawaii
FRESNO, CA (KFSN) -- Allegiant air announced it will begin direct flights to Honolulu from Fresno starting this summer.
Fresno is one of two cities the company has chosen to provide travelers with the non-stop service. The regular schedule will include once-a-week flights that leave Fresno on Sunday mornings and return on Saturday nights.
You can buy tickets on the company's web page for the first time today. A direct flight to Hawaii on Allegiant from Fresno costs about $200 including taxes and fees, but the airline is offering an introductory roundtrip rate of around $350.
This is not the first airline to fly non-stop from Fresno to Hawaii. Hawaiian Airlines tried this back in 1986, but pulled the plug after just one flight due to lack of bookings. Allegiant, however, said it's been wanting to do this for about two years and says Fresno is a market with a lot of appeal.
fresno, fresno county, hawaii, fresno-yosemite international airport, business, linda mumma
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos