Tax deadline is just around the corner
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The deadline to file your taxes is just around the corner. It was extended this year to April 17th -- and many people in the Valley are filing last minute returns.
Tax advisors say many people are counting on the refund to pay their utility bills this year. Experts say the biggest mistake people make is not realizing all the deductions they are eligible for.
Kristie Perkins with Liberty Tax Services told Action News, "Uniforms that you have to have to for work, certain tools and things like that a lot of people don't know about that and education credits that you can receive."
Experts say people also don't realize there are a number of things like medical bills, eyeglasses and co-pays at the doctors office that can be deduced under medical expenses.
business, mariana jacob
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno 3 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard