Fresno's Fig Garden Village sees new life
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fresno's Fig Garden Village is seeing some new life this spring. Family-owned Orloff Jewelers is in its first week of business in the former Warner Co. location.
While Orloff is no stranger to Fig Garden, its new location is double the size of its former home. "We're bigger, we're more visible. Now we can see the pulse of the center -- and we can feel the energy and we can be a part of that energy," said owner James Orloff.
Orloff said they have worked on expansion plans for more than four years. With its new space, the business now becomes the largest independent jewelry store in Central California.
Not far away, another Fresno business is betting on success at Fig Garden Village. The owners of Kebab Express owned a restaurant with the same name in Downtown Fresno but closed last June. "Lunch business was great. We had a good lunch business, but after lunch it seemed like people were peeling off and going home," said Hovig Karkezin.
Now, the restaurant will able to offer both lunch and dinner. A grand opening is scheduled for next month. "We're very good. We didn't even have a sign and we are already busy," said Karkezin.
fresno, fresno county, fresno fig garden, economy, business, amanda perez
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial 58 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos