Fresno's Fig Garden Village sees new life
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fresno's Fig Garden Village is seeing some new life this spring. Family-owned Orloff Jewelers is in its first week of business in the former Warner Co. location.
While Orloff is no stranger to Fig Garden, its new location is double the size of its former home. "We're bigger, we're more visible. Now we can see the pulse of the center -- and we can feel the energy and we can be a part of that energy," said owner James Orloff.
Orloff said they have worked on expansion plans for more than four years. With its new space, the business now becomes the largest independent jewelry store in Central California.
Not far away, another Fresno business is betting on success at Fig Garden Village. The owners of Kebab Express owned a restaurant with the same name in Downtown Fresno but closed last June. "Lunch business was great. We had a good lunch business, but after lunch it seemed like people were peeling off and going home," said Hovig Karkezin.
Now, the restaurant will able to offer both lunch and dinner. A grand opening is scheduled for next month. "We're very good. We didn't even have a sign and we are already busy," said Karkezin.
fresno, fresno county, fresno fig garden, economy, business, amanda perez
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident