Fresno's Fig Garden Village sees new life
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Fresno's Fig Garden Village is seeing some new life this spring. Family-owned Orloff Jewelers is in its first week of business in the former Warner Co. location.
While Orloff is no stranger to Fig Garden, its new location is double the size of its former home. "We're bigger, we're more visible. Now we can see the pulse of the center -- and we can feel the energy and we can be a part of that energy," said owner James Orloff.
Orloff said they have worked on expansion plans for more than four years. With its new space, the business now becomes the largest independent jewelry store in Central California.
Not far away, another Fresno business is betting on success at Fig Garden Village. The owners of Kebab Express owned a restaurant with the same name in Downtown Fresno but closed last June. "Lunch business was great. We had a good lunch business, but after lunch it seemed like people were peeling off and going home," said Hovig Karkezin.
Now, the restaurant will able to offer both lunch and dinner. A grand opening is scheduled for next month. "We're very good. We didn't even have a sign and we are already busy," said Karkezin.
fresno, fresno county, fresno fig garden, economy, business, amanda perez
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 23 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 20 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 32 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River