Save Mart closing two Merced locations
MERCED, California (KFSN) -- Two of the three Save Mart stores in Merced are closing, and now -- nearly one-hundred employees are uncertain about their futures.
The store on Olive near Meadows will close June first and re-open as a FoodMaxx in July. That's when the store on Main Street near R will permanently shut down.
Some employees tell Action News -- they're hoping to be transferred to other stores or be hired at the new FoodMaxx. But others are worried they'll be left without a job.
Save Mart officials say the company is working with union representatives to help the employees through the changes.
Two Save Marts in Fresno have closed in the past two years, along with one each in Clovis, Tulare, Kerman and Sanger.
merced, merced county, economy, employment, business, sara sandrik
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 24 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos