Social media is changing how we live
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- There are more than 800-million Facebook users, more than 200-million people on Twitter, and more than 130-million on LinkedIn.
It's safe to say social media is changing how we live. It's even changing how CEOs market their products.
CEO Clara Shih is the woman behind Hear-Say Social - one of the first companies that helps businesses market themselves on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Clara's idea was to build a business application on Facebook. She was the first to do it. Then, she wrote the bestselling book: Facebook Era. And now she runs a business that started out of her apartment. Two years later, she has more than 40 employees.
Clara's simple secrets for business success? Find a great mentor, make moves when the time is right, and surround yourself with a winning team.
54-percent of fortune global 100 companies already have a presence on Facebook, but Clara says one common mistake businesses make is not understanding the social media they are trying to use.
Clara says claim your page so you have control of your brand! Also, get local. For retail it might mean exploring check-ins by offering promotions. To acquire more fans, include a link to your social media page in your email signature, asking people to "like" it. But always tell them why they should like it.
Clara says it takes dedication and long hours to run a business. But she has just one regret: "I wish I would have started sooner!"
business, graciela moreno
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals