Social media is changing how we live
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- There are more than 800-million Facebook users, more than 200-million people on Twitter, and more than 130-million on LinkedIn.
It's safe to say social media is changing how we live. It's even changing how CEOs market their products.
CEO Clara Shih is the woman behind Hear-Say Social - one of the first companies that helps businesses market themselves on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Clara's idea was to build a business application on Facebook. She was the first to do it. Then, she wrote the bestselling book: Facebook Era. And now she runs a business that started out of her apartment. Two years later, she has more than 40 employees.
Clara's simple secrets for business success? Find a great mentor, make moves when the time is right, and surround yourself with a winning team.
54-percent of fortune global 100 companies already have a presence on Facebook, but Clara says one common mistake businesses make is not understanding the social media they are trying to use.
Clara says claim your page so you have control of your brand! Also, get local. For retail it might mean exploring check-ins by offering promotions. To acquire more fans, include a link to your social media page in your email signature, asking people to "like" it. But always tell them why they should like it.
Clara says it takes dedication and long hours to run a business. But she has just one regret: "I wish I would have started sooner!"
business, graciela moreno
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 36 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 52 min ago
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos