Hofbrau closing in Downtown Fresno tonight
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A Downtown Fresno business is closing its doors for good.
Friday night is your last chance to visit the Hofbrau restaurant on Tulare near H Street, next to Chukchansi Park.
The restaurant tried to fill a void left when the original Hofbrau at R Street And Tulare closed back in 2007 -- after more than 60 years in business.
But after opening in September, the owner says he's spending more than he's making and is being forced to close up shop.
Business tapered off after a strong start, and the owner says a lack of parking played a role.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, business
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister 17 min ago
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops